Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm very tired of the internet.

I have opened applications at my three remaining graduate schools. That's about all I've done today of note.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I believe the magic internet box is calming down. As you recall from previous entries, the broadband modem thingy has to "reset" itself daily. However, my personal magic internet box is a bit rememdial, taking forever to find its new favorite satellite, and constantly changing favorite satellites. This resulted in poor connections, hours without connection, and generally not the service I paid for. However, I believe my internet connection now works without this constant interruption. Yes, I can see that the box resets itself daily, but the interruptions aren't as long or frequent. I wonder why but I'm not going to ask. I just don't have the patience, language, or basic knowledge of internet connections to figure out what was going on and why it's not happening anymore. I'm cautiously pleased.

I have a lot more things to do today, and it's already 14h. That means 2:00 pm in French.

Also, Happy Birthday Dad!! I miss you.

No comments: