Sunday, October 21, 2007

boring sunday

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Bought a train ticket to my doctor's appointment, got cash, got lunch. Didn't do much in the way of school work, which is still stumping me. Why aren't my fourth graders all doing the same thing? Igh. I'll just push the dumb fourth graders. I'm sorry, they're not dumb, they're just ridiculous.

I'm suddenly feeling really lonely. Maybe it's because I've got Yahoo Radio playing and that makes me homesick. Maybe it's because I'm online, AIM is open but no one's awake. I miss my parents and brothers a lot. I miss Andy and Maggie.

Rocio got a text message from Blandine this morning inviting us to lunch today. We both were hesitant because the last time we were invited for lunch, granted there was a hiking trip involved, but we didn't get home until about 11:30pm. And we have stuff to do. And we have a 6:30am train to catch tomorrow morning. So we texted her back and said thank you but no thank you. We haven't gotten a reply so hopefully she wasn't too insulted. I dunno, we're not obligated to accept every invitation and we really do have things to do. It's not North American to be invited to lunch and stay for the whole friggin day. It really made us feel awkward last time. Maybe there's a polite way to explain to Blandine the next time we see her without insulting her traditional French hospitality.

I have all but one city's worth of hotels reserved but since the train website doesn't really recognize my town's train station (I can't figure it out yet), I don't have any train tickets yet. All right, I have one and it's being mailed to me but I don't know if it'll get here in time. I'm excited! Yay vacation.

Yeah mostly I'm just lonely and I miss familiar faces.

No comments: